How to Create Online Quizzes Using Google Forms
Google Forms has existed for a long time as another feature of Google Account. It is a tool that allows users to create surveys or quizzes online. At this time of pandemic, Google Forms is given more attention most especially by teachers such as me. The following are short simple steps on how to create online quizzes by using Google Forms.
#1. How to Access Google Forms
There are three ways in which you can access google forms easily.
- Type forms.google.com in your url bar. Choose the blank template to make a google form in a quiz format.
- Type drive.google.com in your url bar. Right click in Google drive workspace. Click More. Click Forms.
- Another way is when you are already in your Google Drive, you may click the New button on the left. Click More. Click Google Forms.
#2. How to Change the Format of Google Forms into a Quiz Format
- Click the setting button on the top right corner of the Google Form.
- Go to the Quizzes tab and proceed to Make this a quiz. Enable it by dragging the button to the right. Click the appropriate radio buttons and checkboxes for the type of quiz you are going to make.
- Click Save
#3. How to Use Different Types of Questions in Google Forms
By default, the Google form will show multiple choice type of questions. Click the drop-down button beside the word multiple choice, and from there you will see the other types of questions. The following are the question types that you can use in creating your online quiz on Google Form.
- Short Answer and Paragraph. You can use this when you want your students to write their own answers on the online quiz.
- Multiple Choice, Checkboxes, and Dropdown. You can use it when you want your students to just choose the correct answer from the list you gave.
- File Upload. You can use this if you want the student to upload a file to your google form such as pdf, docs, jpeg, etc.
- Linear Scale, Multiple Choice Grid, and Checkbox Grid. You can use this when you want your students to choose the answer displayed in a grid format.
#4. How to include the Answer Key in Google Forms
- First, change the setting of your Google Form into a quiz format.
- Then, click the item question you made. From that, the Answer Key and points will appear at the bottom left corner of your item question.
- Click the Answer key.
- Click the right answer from the choices you gave.
- Indicate the points you will give for the correct answer. You will see the points button at the right side of your item question.
#5. How to Include Feedback in Google Forms
- Once you indicated the points for a correct answer, the Add answer feedback will also appear on the bottom left side of your test item question.
- Click the Add answer feedback.
- Write the feedback you want for incorrect answer and correct answer.
Once you are finished in editing your online quiz, you may see how it looks when you give it to your students by clicking the preview button on the top right corner. After that, go back to the google form you are editing, and once you are fully satisfied, just click the send button. It will then give you the options on how you are going to distribute the online quiz to your students.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are that of the author and does not in anyway represents the agency or department she currently belongs.